Indie music today has a lot of loyal fans, ranging from indie pop, rock, electronics and other. With music returns The Arcade Fire and Ellie Goulding, 2011 looks set to bring more independent results to our ears.
Top 10 Indie Albums of 2010 :
1. Ellie Goulding, “Lights” has been one of the most anticipated albums of 2010. After winning the BBC’s Sound of 2010, Ellie has had the pressure to please a public independent, but not do it alone, the album has received rave reviews from the industry. Includes the new single, a cover of the ballad worthy of Elton John: “Your Song.”
2. Belle and Sebastian, “write about love” was released in October and has been sending shockwaves through the industry. This soft and fun album has everything you would expect from an experimental band.
3. The Arcade Fire, “the suburbs” is the fantastic new album of Canadians the Arcade Fire. Since the launch has been a hit with his performance at the Reading Festival earlier this year, one of the most talked about performances of 2010. If you have not heard this record, then it is essential that you make.
4. Interpol “Interpol” is his new album, titled. Released in September this year, and includes the single “Barricada” that it had good reviews from critics. Interpol is currently touring sending waves of promotion for the album. With more dates set for 2011, listen to the album and participate in the revolution of the Interpol.
5. The Futureheads “Chaos” which was released in April reached number three on the UK charts independently. From the beginning, this band has amazed audiences with their live performances and the production of their music. Although no tour has been scheduled for 2011, The Futureheads have a great demand for it.
6. Vampire Weekend-Contra is the stunning new album from Vampire Weekend. Not much this band can do bad as the album is full of twists, turns and energy so versatile that it will appeal to anyone. If indie music is not your style, Vampire Weekend may be the band that influence. The album also includes his new single “Holiday.”
7. Crystal Castles Crystal Castles-II is the second studio albums which was released in April 2010, which was to be released in June, but due to high demand and track leaked online, the date moves forward and are still in demand now. With a world tour beginning in February 2011, and a collection of experimental subjects would not be a surprise if another album is in the works. Watch this space.
8. Foals “Total life forever”, was released in May this year and is the quietest album 10. They are currently touring around the world.
9. One Night Only “Her self-titled album was released in August. The album includes the single “Say You Don’t Want It”, which included actress Emma Watson in the music video, making care at all about them. There is currently touring in the pipeline, but would not be surprising to see them at festivals in 2011, to keep an eye out for the festival lineups.
10. Manic Street Preachers, “Postcards from a young” is the new album from these legends independent. Like their old stuff, but can never be dated. A masterpiece worth listening to, hopefully they are doing for travel in 2011.